Pakistan’s political right has resorted to lies, deceits, usual selective morality and hypocrisy on Malala Yousafzai’s issue. Before we get to the detailed analysis of their stance on the issue, below is a summarised comparison between their stance on this issue. Click on the image to enlarge.
Do you find a difference? Surprised? I was not.
Taliban statements after the attack on Malala
Below is a comprehensive summary of statements by Taliban following the attack on Malala:
- Malala Yousufzai deserved to die because she had spoken out against us (Taliban)
- Malala deserves to die because she praised US President Barack Obama.
- Malala is a spy of the West. For this espionage, infidels gave her awards and rewards. And Islam orders killing of those who are spying for enemies.
- She used to propagate against mujahideen to defame (the) Taliban. The (holy) Quran says that people propagating against Islam and Islamic forces would be killed.
- We targeted her because she would speak against the Taliban while sitting with shameless strangers and idealised the biggest enemy of Islam, Barack Obama.
- Shariah says that even a child can be killed if (s)he is propagating against Islam.
- We will kill Malala’s father and others who side with them.
- We (Taliban) will target journalists and media houses perceived to be working against our agenda and us.
- We have a clear-cut stance. Anyone who takes side with the government against us will have to die at our hands, Ahmad warned. You will see. Other important people will soon become victims.
- If anyone argues that she was female, and then we can see the incident of killing of wife by a blind companion of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) because she used to say demeaning words for the Prophet and the Prophet praised that act.
- If anyone argues about her young age, then the story of Hazrat Khizar in the Quran (states that) while travelling with Prophet Musa (AS), (he) killed a child. Arguing about the reason of his killing, he said that the parents of this child were pious and in the future he (the child) would cause a bad name for them.
- We are against co-education and secular education system, and Shariah orders us to be against it.
- Malala Yousafzai was playing a vital role in bucking up the emotions of Murtad (apostate) and the army and Government of Pakistan, and was inviting Muslims to hate Mujahideen Malala is targeted because of her pioneer role in preaching secularism and so-called enlightened moderation. And who so ever will commit so in future too will be targeted again by TTP.
- Killing children and females engaged in rebellion against Islamic law was not just a right but obligatory in Islam.
Samia Raheel Qazi’s brother calls Malala a ‘fahsha‘
This is excerpt from Hamid Mir’s column published on 18th October 2012 where he shares details from the letter he received from Ehsan Ullah Ehsan of TTP.
Samia Raheel Qazi’s stance on Malala
In Hamid Mir’s Capital Talk aired 11th October 2012, Jamaat-e-Islami’s Samia Raheel Qazi, daughter of ex-Ameer Jamaat Qazi Hussain Ahmed, while defending Taliban, exposed not just her own bigotry but that of her party too.
Here are some of her statements from the programme:
- Who is beneficiary of this attack? Do Taliban get benefit? Does America get benefit? or anti-Taliban people get benefit? What drama will be played after this incident now?
- Those ‘using’ Malala are responsible for the attack on her.
- None used her abilities or her love for education, (but used her politically). She said Obama is my ideal.
- Madoona did a concert with Malala written on her nude back.
- Malala was and is being used for anti-Islam and anti-tradition propaganda by NGOs.
- Don’t use the word Taliban, its an insult to Taliban.
- America, their allies – political, military or anyone siding with America are responsible for such fairies being attacked. NGOs used her.
- We should come out of America’s war.
- Taliban are our brothers. Taliban have NOT done it (Malala attack).
This is what she posted on her Twitter account about Malala, effectively calling her a CIA agent:
Turns out, this image is again another malicious attempt on Malala’s character assassination. The image was taken at a UNICEF organised meeting where Malala, her father and other activists were invited to discuss education infrastructure and resumption of schools in Swat following the military gained control of Swat. A video of this meeting, what Malala said there and more details to debunk this malicious attempt are available here.
Mohtarma Samia’s brothers (Taliban), whom she defends 24X7 have clearly stated that they are against co-education and that is one reason for attacking Malala. Would Samia Qazi also tell me if the university she attended was not a co-ed university? The university her brother attended in Amreeka not co-ed? So basically its alright for Qazis to be enrolled in co-ed institutes but if Malalas dare to do that, they get a bullet and then get blamed for it too?
Samia Qazi’s anti-Americanism and suspicion for anything America seems limited to Malala only. She ignores her father’s deep love for the imperialist America, who is on record having said that whenever he visits America, he feels at home. It doesn’t stop here, Qazi Hussain Ahmed’s nephew and son-in-law Dr. Adnan Atik Seljuki, a medical doctor by profession is an American citizen, residing and working in America. His daughter Khola Ahmed Qazi has done MA English (I thought that’s haraam being language of the samraaj Amreeka?) now living in the US. One of Qazi sahab’s son Asif Luqman Qazi did his masters from Boston University of Amreeka.
If attending a UNICEF organised meeting makes you an American agent or raises eyebrows just because there were Americans attending that meeting too, why do those eyebrows get stuck when a hyper Anti-American mullah’s family turns out to be American citizens, enjoying all the benefits of Amreeka including education and language and then earning daalar in Amreeka?
Jamaat-e-Islami’s Qazi Hussain Ahmed’s statements on Malala [SOURCE: PO]
- Attack on Malala has no connection with the TTP.
- TTP spokesman Ahsan Ullah Ahsan is only a redolent character and government uses his so-called claims of terrorist attacks to put a veil on its failure to provide security to public lives and properties.
- Malala became the victim of conspiracy being hatched at high level and she was used.
- Why all the noise on Malala and not on drone victims?
Its not too difficult to understand why Samia Raheel Qazi and Qazi Hussain Ahmed are too concerned about drone attacks but resorts to ifs and buts on Malala, Taliban and suicide bombings. One of Muhtarma Samia’s (terrorist) brother’s was droned in Waziristan earlier this year. Ahsen Aziz, son of Abdul Aziz who is ex-Ameer Jamaat-e-Islami Mirpur. Absen Aziz himself was Mirpur leader of Jamaat-e-Islami’s youth ghunda wing called Islami Jamiat Talba. He disappeared from AJK in 2004, first joined Kashmiri militants, then Afghan militants and was finally killed in a drone strikes alongwith more militants. His funeral prayer was offered by Qazi sahab himself in AJK. At the funeral, Qazi sahab added that it would be foolish of government to launch an operation in Waziristan. So no drones and no operation in Waziristan – and you know why. I hurts when you own (assets) are killed but ifs and buts are the rule of the game when it comes to anyone attacked by these assets all over Pakistan – whether it be Malala, Ahmedis, Shia or Pakistanis everywhere.
In his article published in Jang, he furthers the character assassination campaign against Malala:
As you would expect from any Jamaatiya or a Pakistani right-winger, he tries to divert the attention to drones, war on terror, American presence in Afghanistan, conspiracy and what not. Shamelessly, he claims that Malala has been used to divert attention away from the blasphemous film. Would a person in their right mind connect attack on an innocent child with a blasphemous film? Does Qazi sahab really thinks that the world is so concerned about some angry mullahs burning their own property that they would have to shot a young girl to send them back home? A few Amreeki dallars would have been much easier way to shut them all up.
What is funny to note is that he adds that no political party including Jamaat-e-Islami has owned Taliban or appreciated their conduct. I guess someone needs to tell Qazi Sahab that his daughter Muhtarma Samia Qazi sahiba has found new brothers in Taliban and does not hold them responsible for anything wrong at all. Also, there are countless statements from himself, including those captured in this blog where he praises Taliban like a religious duty. I fail to understand how do people get away with such blatant lies?
Like his daughter, he also mentions Madonna, her naked back and Malala written over it without telling the readers what his point is? Qazi Sahab: do you want to say that she can show her naked back to people in a concert but you can not? Ok, sorry for being indencet but how will a decent person with an iota of sense will find a conspiracy in Madona’s display of solidarity with Malala ?
The bottom line is Qazi sahab and his party “have resorted to lies and deceits, saying the TTP has nothing to do with the assassination bid on Malala. In the words of this Mullah, the attack was actually conducted on the instigation of the US…“
Jamaat-e-Islami leader Farid Ahmed Piracha’s statement on Malala [SOURCE: NEWS]
- America has attacked Malala to defame Islam and Jihad.
- Co-Education in Primary schools is not acceptable.
Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam statements on Malala
- International agenda behind the attack on Malala.
- Why is there so much noise on Malala but none talks about Aafia Siddiqi?
- Demand end to corruption, more employment opportunities, end to drone strikes and war on terror, resolve missing persons case.
- Why everyone is criticising attrocities of Taliban?
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insfat statements on Malala [TFT, Fayazul H Chohan Dpty Info Sec PTI]
The most important objective behind the attack on Malala is to take control of Pakistan’s nuclear program. But with our religious passion and our loyalty with our country, we will foil such conspiracies
It is to divert our attention from the blasphemous film.
Response of Deobandi scholars and banned Salafi/Takfiri organisations on Malala
- The army had claimed to establish peace in Swat. The West masterminded the attack on Malala to disprove the army’s claim and pave way for a military operation in North Waziristan. – Sami-ul-Haq of JUI/S and DPC
- The attack is an American and European conspiracy to sabotage protests against the blasphemous film.
- The government must talk to the Taliban for peace
- Taliban have not attacked Malala.
- Taliban had imprisoned 37 Korean girls but did not hurt them. The girls were so impressed that they embraced Islam.
- The nation is in a whirlpool of Salala, ‘Halala’ and Malala. – Hafiz Hussain Ahmed, JUIF, Nawai Waqt, Oct 13
- “Malala is the face of Jews, not Muslims”
- The banned Sipah-e-Sahaba, Ulema-e-Deoband and the banned Jaish-e-Muhammad uploaded more than 200 anti-Malala posters on Facebook.
- Another said she had committed blasphemy by opposing the beard and the burqa in her diary. “They used Osama to attack Afghanistan, Sadam to attack Iraq, and now Malala to attack North Waziristan,” one graphic said.
- Ulema-e-Deoband posted a picture of Malala’s father with Richard Holbrook saying it was proof that she was a CIA agent.
- The US had given Malala a heavy funding to set up a center for women to promote secularism, obscenity and liberalism in Swat. – Ummat columnist Saifullah Khalid on October 13th 2012
- Until any authentic media outlet of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) doesnt give any statement about attack on the girl and its after affects the whole act is suspicious, it said. (PO, Malala,21)
- A Jewish filmmaker Edam B. Ellick stayed at Malalas house during Swat operation in 2009.
- Public response on Malalas attack was natural but the way this incident was promoted reveals evil designs of unseen hands behind this incident.
- …so much noise when we targeted this girl who made fun of jihad, the veil and other Islamic values on behest of the British Broadcasting Corporation.
- None pays any attention to Muslim women raped by Pakistan Army in Bangladesh.
- Besides the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistani (TTP), Abu Zar of Harkat-e-Islami Uzbekistan (HIU) and al-Sahab, al-Qaedas media and propaganda arm, have launched an unprecedented effort to justify the attack on Malala and reduce the impact of the reaction against it.
So, basically the information above shows quite clearly that the religio-political parties in Pakistan and their supporters are not just sympathisers of Taliban, as we all know and as they proudly claim. They are the Taliban. Find me a few differences between the tone, statements and language used by TTP, Al-Qaeda, Jamaat-e-Islami, JUI and other deobandi, Salafi, Takfiri militant organisations. Their conviction and belief in the radical ideology is so strong that one does not find a reason to believe they are any different from each other. They just operate on different layers of the sociopolitical system, trying to overthrow the democratic system, modern state structure and everything associated with it. They want to replace it with a 7th century tribal code and enforce it on all citizens of Pakistan despite knowing that it has failed several times in the past and only results in a barbaric, oppressive regime like Afghanistan under Taliban cut off from the world outside.
My concern is not so much about religious parties but about Pakistanis who have been fooled by them. “Religious parties like the Jamaat-e-Islami and Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam have incensed the majority of Pakistanis by qualifying the censure of the life bid on Malala, saying those forces are to blame who used her – implying that her spirited resolve to stand up to the Taliban for the right of childrens education was scripted!”
They refuses to acknowledge the militant Tehrik Taliban Pakistan (TTP) was behind the heinous attack - this despite the TTPs open claim of responsibility and vow to kill her again in a press release issued to the media, in which it even justified the bid to kill the schoolgirl in a convoluted reference to religious injunctions the JUI has alleged that support for Malala is only a campaign against Islamic scholars!